Hello friends, it's been a while since my last post. My life has had a few changes so I had to take some time to readjust into a new routine. So without further ado here is a lovely summer salad recipe that I created for you.
This salad is super simple to make and is a really good meal prep salad. Or you can show it off on a lovely platter for a cookout. It has lots of pretty color and texture and its sure to make you look like a culinary genius without it being super difficult to create.
I opted for the meal prep version and placed the salad into multiple containers and took it to work for lunch. (I purchased my containers from amazon (click here to see what I use) The avo will turn color on you so what I did was placed some plastic wrap over mine and that kept it fresh for a few days.
Strawberry Walnut Salad
Yields 4 servings
Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Stone Ground Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
Whisk and set aside
1 Package Of Organic Spring Mix
1lb Pastured Local Chicken Breast
1/2 Pint sliced organic strawberries
3Tbs Maple Syrup
Your seasoning of choice to season your chicken. I used Obie-Cue's BBQ Bomber
1. Heat up your grill pan and brush with olive oil.
2. Sprinkle seasoning on your chicken breast and grill until you reach the internal temp of 165 degrees. Then remove from heat to rest.
3. In a small skillet on medium heat add in the walnuts with maple syrup and cook for about 2 minutes until they are nice and caramelized.
4. Now that your chicken has rested for a few minutes you can slice it into strips.
5. Now to assemble your salad. Start by putting down the greens, then the chicken, next arrange the strawberries and avo to your liking then sprinkle with the candied walnuts.
7. If you are serving this to a group then I'd set the dressing on the side so they can add what they want especially since it's balsamic and not everyone loves balsamic. I know here in Texas we love us some ranch, so if that's your thing then go for it. I would however recommend a ranch that's made with quality ingredients like Primal Kitchen Ranch And if you are meal prepping this again keep the dressing on the side until your ready to enjoy your salad.