My family and I recently took a trip to South Beach for our vacation. I don''t know about you but my favorite thing to do on vacation is to relax and enjoy a delicious meal. And thats just what I did.
Thankfully for Yelp, I was able to find this super neat restaurant called Pura Vida that served up some of the most delicious locally sourced food. I tried the Salmon Mango bowl and loved it so much that I had to recreate my own version of it. I changed up a few things so I hope you like it just as much as I do :)
Also you know I always like to share a tidbit on why I choose the ingredients that I choose, so for more info on why you should choose wild caught vs farmed salmon check out this Article by Dr. Mark Hyman for more info.
Sesame Salmon Bowl
Yields 3-4 servings
Sweet Sesame Dressing Recipe
3 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp sesame Oil
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Combine all the ingredients listed above, whisk until well blended then set aside.
3- 3oz pieces of wild caught salmon
1/2 purple onion sliced thin
1c cherry tomatoes cut in halves
1 mango cubed
1 sliced or cubed avocado
2 cups of spinach
1c sliced mini sweet peppers
1c cooked quinoa
Trader Joes Everything but the Bagel Seasoning to garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Get your non stick pan nice and warm on medium heat. While your pan is warming up, season the salmon with salt and pepper.
3. Coat the bottom of your non stick pan with avocado oil, then sear your salmon. Once the salmon is seared, place it on a sheet pan.
3. Bake salmon for 4-6 minutes then set aside.
4. Next up your going to assemble your bowls. Add 1/2c of the cooked quinoa to each bowl.
5. Add in 1 to 1/2c of spinach
6. Next arrange in the onions, tomatoes, mango, avocado, and sweet peppers.
7. Place the cooked salmon on the bed of spinach. Drizzle on the sweet sesame dressing and enjoy!