As a kid growing up, I remember brussels sprouts always had a bad reputation. But why tho? They are so good!
My whole adolescence I avoided them because my favorite television actors would say how gross they were. Man were they ever wrong. Not only are they delicious, they are super versatile and so satisfying. I don't know about you but when I eat my meals I want to feel satiated.
So without further ado, I present to you my simple yet delicious recipe for roasted brussels sprouts.
*Note this recipe is enough for about two full servings, so if you can actually convince your kids or husband to eat brussels sprouts then I suggest doubling the recipe.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
2c brussels sprouts
3 strips of bacon
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 shallot diced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Small dice your bacon, then cook on stove top until nice and crispy. Set aside the bacon fat.
3. While the bacon is cooking, rinse and prep your brussels sprouts. To prep the brussels sprouts you're going to want to cut off the stem at the bottom, then cut them in half.
4. Next up add your brussels sprouts, minced garlic, and diced shallot to your baking sheet. I usually will line mine with a Silpat or parchment paper to avoid sticking.
5. Next drizzle the bacon grease over the brussels sprout mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss.
6. Roast at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender. Be sure to stir about halfway through.
7. Once you reach your desired doneness then remove from the oven, add in the crispy bacon, serve and enjoy!