Summer time is upon us, and one of my favorite things to do is to sip on a glass of chilled Rosé while grilling on my back patio. It's just so relaxing.
Here's a recipe that you can throw together pretty quickly and that's made with quality ingredients. For the marinade I used coconut aminoes which is a great substitute for soy sauce. Also if you don't want to use an outside grill, a cast iron grill pan will work just as well.
Also if you are wondering why I don't use soy sauce you can check out this video by Dr. Josh Axe.
Note* I recommend only marinating the chicken for an hour. If you go longer than that it may absorb much more of the marinade than you want and could taste too salty.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken
2lbs Pastured Chicken Breast
1/2c Coconut aminoes
4 Cloves of chopped Garlic
1 Shallot Diced
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1. Add all the ingredients in with the chicken. Mix well and marinate for an hour.
2. After an hour take the chicken out of the marinade, shake off the excess liquid.
3. Once your grill or grill pan gets nice and hot, brush it with some of the sesame oil to avoid the meat sticking.
4. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. I use a simple meat thermometer.
5. Let rest for about 5 minutes then serve. This goes great with grilled vegetables or you can even put it on a salad.